There is nothing more overwhelming than trying to turn on your car only to find out that the car battery died. The purpose of the car battery to power up the car and the electrical components. That is why when the car battery dies, the car will not run. The car battery might’ve died because of these reasons.
- Reaching the car battery’s life cycle.
- A car door has been left open.
- A light in the car wasn’t turned off.
- The temperature outside was too hot or too cold.
- The battery cables have become loose or corroded.
- You only drive your car for a short amount of time.
- The car alternator is defective.
- Accessories are still being used even when the car is turned off.
For many of these, the best solution would be to recharge the battery, but there will be times when the car battery simply needs to be replaced. No matter what the reason is for your car battery dying, the auto mechanics at NorWest Automotive & Performance, Inc. are able to provide car battery replacement in Sugar Hill, GA. The average car battery life is three to five years, so if your battery is between those ages or something else is causing the battery to not turn on your car, you can contact us at (678) 714-0820 for assistance.
Signs You Need Your Car Battery Replaced
In order for you to avoid being stranded if your car battery decides to die, it’s important for car owners to know what the signs are for a battery car replacement. When you have this knowledge, you can prevent any future headaches.
- Check Engine Light Comes On: There are many reasons why your check engine light could come on, but one of those reasons could be because your car battery is about to die. It’s important that whenever this light comes on, you take your car in to be looked at.
- Slow Engine Crank: The car battery is able to start the engine so you can power your car–when your battery is about to die, it won’t be as easy for the battery to start your car. Sticking your key in the ignition and hearing the engine crank is a huge sign that the battery is almost ready to quit working.
- Battery Fluid is Low: A lot of people might not be great at checking different components on their car, but its very easy to see how much fluid the car battery has. If you check the fluids and they are low, you will need to check the status of your battery.
- Battery Case is Swollen: Another easy way to tell if your car battery needs to be replaced is to look at the case. This usually happens when the car becomes too hot or cold, but if you notice that the battery case is swollen or bloated, then it will definitely not to be replaced.
- Battery Is Old: Knowing how old your battery is can help you avoid trying to turn on your car, only to find that the car can start. A car battery only lasts three to five years, so if your car has any of these symptoms and its almost past its prime, that is a good indication that you need a car battery replacement in Sugar Hill, GA.
If you need a professional to help you with a car battery installation, the technicians at NorWest Automotive & Performance, Inc. are more than happy to help you! We can inspect the battery and provide you with an honest diagnosis.
Car Battery Maintenance Checklist
Having a battery die is unavoidable, as they only last a certain amount of years, but there are things you can do to ensure that the battery is in good condition. A good car battery means that you won’t ever be in a situation where your car doesn’t turn on because the battery didn’t get the proper maintenance. The biggest thing you can do to avoid a car battery dying on you is to change it at least every three years. While a car battery can last up to five years, you should have it checked at three years to see what kind of condition it is in.
Other things that you can do in order to keep the battery working like it should is to clean it, add water when electrolyte levels are low, keep the cables secured together, and keep it warm if the temperatures get too cold outside. One other thing to remember is that a car battery can die when the car isn’t driven very often. Make sure that if you don’t drive the car too often, that you do make it habit to drive it at least three times a week. Please call us at (678) 714-0820 if you think you need a battery replacement in Sugar Hill, GA.
Call for Car Battery Replacement Service
As a part of your auto maintenance, it is essential that you call us to get a car battery test. This diagnostic test will determine the condition of your battery and whether it is going to stop working soon or not. If you do need car battery replacement service in Sugar Hill, GA, you can rely on NorWest Automotive & Performance, Inc.. We are able to find the best battery for your car within your price range and replace it. Don’t wait until the car won’t turn on, call us at (678) 714-0820 to get a battery replacement now! If we find something wrong with your vehicle during routine maintenance, we will provide auto repair services.