When the summer months arrive, you don’t want to be without air conditioning in your car. Its not only hot but it can be uncomfortable having to drive a car without AC. For those times when you need help with your car’s AC, you can call the experts at NorWest Automotive & Performance, Inc.. The car may just need to have a car AC recharge, a service that requires more refrigerant, but it could be something entirely different that needs professional automotive air conditioning repair.
At NorWest Automotive & Performance, Inc. we are experts in all auto repair, so if you are having issues with the air conditioner in your car, call us at (678) 714-0820 for auto air conditioning repair in Sugar Hill, GA. One of our auto technicians is able to inspect your air conditioning and diagnose the problem. Once we know what is wrong with the air conditioner, we are able to come up with a solution that fixes the problem, which will include either repairs or a replacement. Don’t wait! Contact our office and one of our team will be more than happy to schedule your car air conditioning service today.
Common Auto Air Conditioning Issues
In our car’s air conditioner, there are five car AC parts that make up the system–the compressor, condenser, drier or accumulator, evaporator, and thermal expansion valve. All of these parts are incredibly important to the function of the air conditioning system, so if one stops working, it can affect the whole system. When we have issues with our cars air conditioner and require auto air conditioning repair service, its because one of those parts is damaged or defective. Below are some of the common issues that a car air conditioner has and what parts are to blame.
- The Air Conditioner Isn’t Getting Cold Enough: Typically when our car’s AC isn’t getting cool enough, it has something to do with the compressor, condenser, or evaporator. Usually, this is because it failed to engage or it is damaged, but there are other reasons why the AC isn’t getting cool. This could involve clogs or leaks in a hose, seal, or other components.
- The AC Smells Weird When Its On: When there is a smell coming from the air conditioner when you turn it on, there are a couple of reasons why this could be. The first is that there is mold. Mold can grow on the evaporator because the case can accumulate water; the second is that the air filter is dirty.
- The Air Conditioner is Barely Blowing Air: It can be frustrating when you turn on the AC and the airflow is really weak. Again, this can be due to mold on the evaporator, or there might be an issue with your air conditioner’s ventilation. Another thing that will be looked at are the hoses and seals in the air conditioning system.
- The AC Blows Cold Air and Then Warm Air: The biggest reason that a car air conditioner starts blowing warm air when its set on cold is that there is a car AC leak. However, something might be wrong with the compressor and expansion valve, or even a fuse in the system could be the culprit.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, please call us at (678) 714-0820 to get auto air conditioning repair in Sugar Hill, GA.
Signs You Need AC Repair Services
Sometimes when your car’s AC is having issues, you might be mistaking it for something else. Sure when your air conditioner doesn’t turn on its pretty obvious it is the AC, but there might be other things that occur that you don’t necessarily think have to do with the air conditioner. If any of these things are happening while you are driving around, you need to call our team for automotive ac repair.
- There are banging and other unusual noises coming from your car.
- Puddles of water will appear on your car’s floorboard.
- The inside of your car smells like mildew.
- The refrigerant is leaking from your car.
To get auto air conditioning repair for your Sugar Hill, GA car, please contact us!
Call Us for Auto AC Repair
Whatever the reason is for needing car AC repair, the team at NorWest Automotive & Performance, Inc. want to be the ones to help you. Whether you need you evaporator repair or radiator hose repair, we are able to help you. There might be times when a part in your air conditioner is damaged, in which case, we can provide AC part replacement. The types of replacement services we can offer are a compressor, condenser, evaporator, radiator hose replacement, and more! We know that being without an air conditioner in your car can be uncomfortable and not fun, but when you take your car into our auto shop, we will be able to inspect and diagnose the problem quickly. Just give us a call at (678) 714-0820 in order to make an appointment for auto air conditioning repair in Sugar Hill, GA.