The purpose of our car’s engine is to convert gas (energy) into motion (mechanical energy). The engine burns the gasoline which will create heat that makes the car move, which is why it is called an internal combustion engine. The process of converting gas to energy works by using a four-stroke combustion cycle, which includes four strokes that are the intake stroke, compression stroke, combustion stroke, and exhaust stroke; when all of these work together, it is able to get your car driving. Because of the function of the engine, it is so important that it’s in good condition. However, engines can become damaged just like every other part of our cars.
If your car misfires, isn’t running efficiently, or the check engine light comes on, it’s important to call an auto mechanic for engine service. At NorWest Automotive & Performance, Inc., we want to ensure that your car’s engine is performing as it should, so if you contact us, we can provide your car with an inspection. After the inspection, if we find something wrong with the engine, we can perform engine repair in Sugar Hill, GA. We are an experienced engine repair shop, so you can trust that when you are having problems with your engine, we are able to provide auto repair. In the most severe cases, we can also complete engine replacement if it is needed. To schedule an appointment with our team, call our office at (678) 714-0820.
What Causes Engine Problems?
Car engine problems don’t just happen for no particular reason; there is always going to be a reason why your car’s engine becomes damaged or fails. When the engine stops working out of the blue, there was already an underlying problem. But what can cause engine problems? There are a couple of main causes that will lead to engine repair, which include lack of oil changes, not getting oil leaks repaired, alters from the check engine light have been ignored, engine coolant hasn’t been flushed, and water has damaged the engine.
In our car there are many components that can help the engine. When problems with the engine occur, we assume that the issue is with the engine, but there could be components in the car that are making the engine act up. There are a ton of situations that consist of components in the car causing the problems for your engine.
- The car battery is low.
- A failed starter motor relay.
- The fuel filter is clogged.
- The air filter is dirty.
- The ignition switch isn’t working.
- The fuel pump is broken.
- The oxygen sensor is defective.
- Worn out spark plugs and wires.
- Low coolant levels.
- The radiator hose is broken.
- There is a leak in the internal and external coolant.
- The cooling fan has stopped working.
- Battery cables have corroded.
- The gas cap is missing.
- The gas cap isn’t tight enough.
Whatever the reasons for the engine issues, the auto technicians at NorWest Automotive & Performance, Inc. can help you. We can provide engine repair in Sugar Hill, GA that will fix the problem and have your car running smoothly again. Contact us at (678) 714-0820 to get your engine repaired today!
Signs You Need Car Engine Repair
While there might be a lot of reasons why you need engine repair service for your car, it can still be hard to pinpoint when exactly you need to take your car in for an inspection and repairs. Our cars are pretty good at letting us know when something is wrong, whether it’s with a warning light that comes up on our dashboard or an issue that hasn’t been seen before. If there are any problems with your engine, your car is going to let you know. Below are some of the signs that it’s time to get repairs for your engine immediately.
- Knocking Noise: If you are driving along and hear a knocking sound underneath your car’s hood, this should be a cause for concern. The reason that there is a knocking noise is that there is a lack of lubrication in the engine’s bearings.
- Exorbitant Amount of Exhaust Smoke: A car that is emitting a ton of exhaust is going to need to have their car looked at. In addition to the amount of smoke, the color of the exhaust will also indicate what the issue is–black smoke is when too much fuel is burning, blue smoke is when there is an oil leak or oil burning, and white smoke is when the coolant is burning or it is leaking.
- Vibrating From Engine: When the parts of the engine haven’t been well lubricated, they can start rubbing together, which will cause the engine to vibrate.
- Leaking Fluid: There are several types of fluids in our car that make the engine run properly, which include oil and coolant. If the car is leaking, there is a good chance that one of these is the culprit.
- Reduced Fuel Efficiency: People who are filling up their gas tanks more and more might be having problems with the engine. The gas cap might be loose or there might be a problem with the compression stroke.
Whenever your check engine light comes on, please dial (678) 714-0820 to get vehicle engine repair in Sugar Hill, GA. Our technicians can get your engine repaired quickly and effectively.
How You Can Prevent Auto Engine Repair
The biggest way you can prevent automobile engine repair is by getting auto maintenance. With engine maintenance, you are able to ensure that the engine is working the way that it should. Some of the things that are taken care of during maintenance for your engine are flushing the cooling system, replacing the air filter, changing the oil, cleaning the fuel injector, replacing the fuel filter, and replacing the spark plugs when needed. If you think that your car could use engine repair in Sugar Hill, GA, please call the professionals at NorWest Automotive & Performance, Inc.. We can provide engine repairs or replacement service if needed, so call us at (678) 714-0820 to make an appointment.