There are different parts and functions that make it possible for your wheels to turn and move the car, with one of those components being the transmission. The transmission is a set of gears that give your car the power it needs to turn the wheels and have them move your car forward depending on the speed. There are two types of transmission a car can have, automatic and manual transmission. There a couple of differences between the two, but the most recognizable one is that with manual the car owner uses a clutch to change the gears, whereas with automatic the car switches the gears for you. Because the transmission is made up of gears, it’s so important to keep them well lubricated. When the transmission starts to have issues, you will need to find an auto shop you can trust.
NorWest Automotive & Performance, Inc. not only offers fantastic auto repair and maintenance, but we also are the professionals you want to call for transmission service in Sugar Hill, GA. Our auto mechanics are able to help you whether you need manual or automatic transmission service! Schedule an appointment by calling (678) 714-0820; we can provide tune ups, repairs, and replacement service for your transmission.
Transmission Repair Service
Because of how much we depend on our cars, we will need to get a transmission repair service down the road. The reason we need transmission repair is that we need the transmission to work as effectively as possible. Without a working transmission, your car won’t be able to run. While we don’t look forward to when this day comes, you can feel comforted knowing that your car will let you know when your transmission needs to be repaired.
- Shifting Gear Issues: There are a couple of issues that fall under this category. When the car shifts gears, it should be very smooth and without problems; when the transmission is having problems, some of these things will occur: the transmission is slipping, it jerks when the car is shifting gears, when the car is put into gear there will be some hesitation, and when you are driving it can fall out of gear.
- A Burning Smell: If the transmission fluid hasn’t been changed in a while and its dirty and old, it can start to burn and produce a burning smell in your car.
- Transmission Fluid Leak: To ensure that the parts in the transmission are lubricated and that the transmission doesn’t overheat, it needs the proper amount of fluid. If you happen to see red fluid or brownish, reddish fluid leaking from your car, that is a sign that there is a transmission fluid leak.
- Unusual Sounds: When something is wrong with your car’s transmission, you will hear buzzing, clunking, and whining coming from your car. Your car is noisy, but it shouldn’t be making noises like that.
If any of these sound familiar, it is important to auto transmission service in Sugar Hill, GA. You can count on the auto mechanics at NorWest Automotive & Performance, Inc., so call us at (678) 714-0820 today!
Transmission Replacement Service
There should never be difficult when you are shifting gears or if your car is shifting gears. Unfortunately, it does happen and will require repairs. However, if you wait too long to get repairs for your transmission, you might need to get a transmission replacement service. The transmission is made up of valves, gears, clutches, and shafts that need fluid in order to work properly. When you don’t get the proper maintenance for your transmission, it can lead to a lot of issues that will require a replacement. Some of these issues include
- A clutch that is slipping.
- Having a hard time shifting.
- Fluid is leaking from the car.
- The check engine light comes on.
It is so important that if your car is displaying these types of signs, that you get a transmission replacement. Without the transmission, you can be sure that your car is not going to work at all. To make an appointment with our auto shop, please call us at (678) 714-0820 to get transmission service in Sugar Hill, GA.
Transmission Tune Up Service
The best way to avoid both repairs and a replacement for your transmission is to get routine transmission tune up. Every car is going to be different, but at NorWest Automotive & Performance, Inc. we recommend that car owners bring their car in every two years or 30,000 miles to get a tune up for their transmission. Some of the things that will be checked are the fluids, filter, as well as the components within the transmission. Part of our tune up service will include transmission fluid service, flushing fluids, adjusting the clutch, and checking the different transmission parts. If you are due for a tune up, please call our auto technicians today at (678) 714-0820! We will check out your transmission and see if its in good condition or if it’s in need of repairs or a replacement. We can’t wait to hear from you, so we can provide you with the best transmission service in the Sugar Hill, GA area.